We’re looking for new team players with an eye for quality and a deep-seated commitment to our customers. Come work in a fun environment, where the people love what they do … the coffee is always on, and the popcorn is fresh.
Interested in working at Amidon Graphics?
Please come to our office at 1966 Benson Avenue in St. Paul during business hours and fill out an application.
We are quick to respond with an interview if we are a good fit.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Amidon Graphics is a family-owned, mid-sized commercial web printer located in St. Paul, MN. We cater to several different industries that keep our presses running 24/7.
Bag Machine Operator
Job Type: Full Time
We are currently seeking a qualified paper bag machine operator able to produce quality square bottom and pinch bottom bags in an efficient manner.
Bag Machine Operator duties include; manual and machine tasks to set-up and maintain operation of a bag making machine, as well as flexo-printing, jogging, and stacking the finished product on skids or placing in cartons for shipping.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. HG Weber variable size bag machines or Beasley French experience is helpful but not required. If you are a highly motivated individual, and like working with a team in a fun, fast-paced environment we have a welcome place for you. First shift available!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Organize the production area
- Bring raw materials to the bag machine
- Notify supervisor of any quality issues with product during run
- Jog, stack and carton product
- Keep rags and chemicals stocked at the bag machine
- Sweep and mop the production area
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to take and follow instruction
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50# or more
- High School diploma or equivalent
Responsibilities: The Roll Tender is responsible for operating a clamp truck to bring the needed paper rolls to the presses and hanging the rolls on the splicers.
Responsibilities: Our 2nd Man is responsible for hanging rolls of paper on press. They also bend and hang plates. The 2nd Man keeps the empty skids organized around the press, weighs up the finished skids of product, and keeps the silicone tank full.
Our 2nd Man is also involved with cleanups of ink fountains and glue units. When the Lead Operator is setting up the rotary cutter and other in-line finishing units the 2nd Man inks up and webs the press with assistance from the Press Helper.
The 2nd Man at Amidon will be trained on the in-line finishing stations and help the Lead Pressman rough in plows. The 2nd Man will set up the register system, and help jog product off the conveyer belt as needed. You are to watch for bad printing, toning, register problems, folds moving, etc. The 2nd Man is the Lead Pressman’s second set of eyes on the line.
Job Type: Full Time
We are currently seeking to hire a Maintenance Professional. This position will include multiple responsibilities.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Performing routine maintenance of our production machines, maintenance of building; diagnosing and repairing a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- Performing diverse mechanical operations on printing and bindery machines, manual, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
- Performing daily and weekly preventative maintenance checks side-by-side with our production employees.
- Documenting all maintenance activities and repairs.
- Team player with strong communication skills, this position will require someone who can get along with a wide variety of personalities.
- Self-starter with great analytical skills, ability to read electrical schematics
- Experience in hydraulic, pneumatic & HVAC systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment in the shortest time possible, minimizing downtime
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mechanical, technical & personal aptitude
- Basic safety including Lock Out Tag Out
- Must have attention to detail
Printing Press Operator
Job Type: Full Time
Responsibilities: We are currently seeking lead press operators and 2nd men. Knowledge of Didde, Stevens, Harris or Zirkon presses a plus. Applicant must possess the ability to read job tickets and follow all specified printing instructions.
Successful candidate will run a half web with full in-line. Installing rolls, adjusting tension, hanging plates & blankets, moving register, adjusting ink to proper densities, applying glue & perfs and making folds are all routine functions of this job. Watching color and register, pulling samples during the press run is another function of this job. Attention to detail a must. Multiple shifts are open.
Responsibilities: The Press Assistant here at Amidon is responsible for jogging product off the conveyer belt and neatly stacking the finished product on skids. The Press Assistant will be trained on how to set up and use the scales.
The Press Assistant keeps the needed supplies at the press and replenished the skids, chip board, boxes, bins, and any other supplies needed as the levels get low. You will also empty the trash and perform general cleaning of press counters and floors around the presses.
You may be asked to help clean the press as well. As you gain experience at Amidon you will have the opportunity to learn from the 2nd Man how to set up the press.
Amidon Graphics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amidon Graphics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Amidon Graphics expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amidon Graphics’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.